Reserve a Seat
Use our online tool to book study rooms and seating in the library.
⇒ Watch a brief video showing how to make a seat reservation.
Law Library Guidelines
Hours of Service: Fall Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 8 am to 7 pm; Friday and Saturday, 8 am to 6 pm. No circulation duties on Holidays. Our ability to remain open depends on our much-appreciated staffing of the Law Library with our appropriate personnel, and the University’s to sanitize the Law Library each morning.
Access: Access is limited to all currently enrolled law students holding a 24-hour access card. If you don't have a keycard, please complete the orientation and a keycard will be made for you. You are required to reserve a seat in the Law Library. You can do this up to 48 hours in advance, but you can only reserve one seat each day. Your Law Library access cards will allow entry to the Law Library 24/7. You may not bring anyone with you into the Law Library. Journal offices remain closed and off limits to everyone.
Reservations: Reserve your seat at https://law-hawaii.libcal.com. You will need to log on using your UH log on credentials. Seats are arranged according to the regions in the Law Library. Select a region, select a seat. A confirmation email will be sent to your Hawaii.edu email address. If you need to cancel a reservation, use the link in your confirmation email.
Please direct any problems with access or use to Brian Huffman at email@example.com.
Each morning, the University Facilities personnel will sanitize high touch areas (doorknobs, light switches, etc.) and desk areas that have been used. During the day, there will not be services provided. Your use of the Law Library during your bar study period requires you to observe the following rules and to use your common sense. There are people working in the Law Library on a daily basis.
- If you cannot respect these recommendations, your access card will be permanently deactivated. Everyone’s cooperation is required.
- You can use only the seat that you reserved for the day. There are 81 seats available and you may select whichever seat you prefer. You may enter and leave the Law Library repeatedly during the day and return to use that seat. However, do not leave personal items behind if you leave the Law Library building.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter the building. Sanitizing stations are available throughout the building. Use them frequently. Please wipe down your workstation with sanitizer when you arrive and when you leave your seat. Dispose of your used wipe outside.
- Printer stations are available but you must sanitize keyboards before and after use. Follow the posted instructions at the printer stations.
- The restrooms are open. Please wash your hands thoroughly before leaving the restroom.
- There is no eating or drinking allowed in the Law Library. Please take hydration and nourishment breaks outside.
Other Law Library services:
If you need to check out a book, we will arrange for a pickup time. Use the PRIMO discovery platform and your library account to reserve a book, or request digitization. You will be contacted to arrange a pick up time. Books that are available via the HathiTrust collection will not be lent out or digitized.
If you need reference assistance, it is offered remotely by contacting Dan Blackaby at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cory Lenz at email@example.com.
If you are having trouble reserving your seat, please contact Brian Huffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning your access card:
You are expected to return your Library access card after graduation. You may drop it in the book drop on the lanai (please put it in an envelope), or mail it to:
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, School of Law Library
2525 Dole Street
Honolulu, HI 96825
If you have lost your card, please contact Ms. Rudolfo at email@example.com. There is a $50 fee for replacing lost cards.
If we do not receive your access card when requested you will be assessed a fine. If you fail to pay the fine, it will be reported to the Committee on Character and Fitness.